The Centre for Renal Care offers all forms of dialysis- haemodialysis, SLED, CRRT, Peritoneal dialysis and provision to dialyse hepatitis and HIV+ patients along with renal transplant facilities. The Centre also has services for nocturnal dialysis as well as private dialysis facility for the comfort and convenience of patients.
- Nocturnal Dialysis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Private Dialysis
- Isolation Dialysis
The urinary tract is your body’s drainage system for removing urine. Urine is composed of wastes and water. The urinary tract includes your kidneys, ureters, and bladder. To urinate normally, the urinary tract needs to work together in the correct order.
Urologic diseases or conditions include urinary tract infections, kidney stones, bladder control problems, and prostate problems, among others. Some urologic conditions last only a short time, while others are long-lasting.
- Female Urology – which focuses on conditions of a woman’s reproductive and urinary tract
- Male Infertility – This focuses on problems that prevent a man from conceiving a baby with his partner.
- Neurourology – This focuses on urinary problems due to conditions of the nervous system.
- Pediatric Urology – which focuses on urinary problems in children
- Urologic Oncology – which focuses on cancers of the urinary system, including the bladder, kidneys, prostate, and testicles.
Nephrology is a specialty of medicine involving the study of normal kidney function and kidney problems. It involves the treatment of kidney problems and renal replacement therapy. Under this, diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases are done including hypertension and electrolyte disturbances. This is the branch that concerns itself with the care of those in the need of renal replacement therapy, including dialysis and kidney transplant patients. A nephrologist or renal physician is one who is expert in nephrology and specializes in care and treatment of kidney diseases. The role of nephrology specialists starts only after patients have undergone a urinalysis as their expertise is sought in treatment of a variety of problems such as acute kidney failure, hypertension, chronic kidney disease, haematuria, proteinuria, kidney stones, hypertension etc.
When to visit a nephrologist
General physicians often find some signs or symptoms in patients and based on those, refer them to nephrologists for treatment of kidney diseases. Some of those signs or symptoms include –
- Renal failure of acute variety
- Sudden loss of kidney functions
- Chronic kidney disease
- Gradual decline in kidney functions
- Presence of blood in the urine
- Traces of casts and crystals in the urine
- Bladder infections
- Kidney infection
- Kidney stones
- Out-of-control high blood pressure
- Kidney cancer
- Urinary bladder cancer
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Kidney damage due to high blood pressure
- Dialysis complications
- Kidney disease cause due to drugs or toxins
- Kidney damage due to the backward flow of the urine
- Treatment of autoimmune diseases
Nephrology Department at Asian Vivekanand Hospital
The Nephrology Department at Asian Vivekanand Hospital is engaged in the understanding of kidney diseases and providing their treatment. The department studies development and progression of kidney problems and understands their prevention. Cutting edge research and patient care related to kidney diseases is done with the aim of bringing the benefit to the people in want of world-class treatment. The department provides world-class care to kidney patients on the back of all the latest technology and equipment. We deliver advanced diagnostics, dialysis support and comprehensive pre-operative evaluation to patients.
Nephrologist at Asian Vivekanand Hospital
Nephrologist is engaged in diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases to adults and children alike. They specialize in the care and treatment of disorders or ailments to kidneys. Their role includes –
- Prevention and treatment of renal damage
- High blood pressure management
- Diabetes management
- Tackling diabetes complications
- Epidemiology of diseases and infections
- Prevention of kidney disease through nutritional management
Diseases under the branch of nephrology
Nephrology concerns itself with the study of normal functioning of the kidneys as its diseases. The diseases that are studied, diagnosed and treated under this include –
- Renal failure
- Kidney and bladder stones
- Kidney infections
- Tubulointerstitial diseases
- Renal vascular diseases
- Cancers of the kidneys, bladder, and urethra
- Acid base imbalances
- Nephrotic syndrome and nephritis
- Glomerular disorders
- Urine abnormalities
- Polycystic kidneys diseases
- Ill effects of drugs and toxins on the kidneys
- Dialysis and its long term complications
- Autoimmune diseases
Nephrology facilities at Asian Vivekanand Hospital
Kidney problems need most advanced tools to get treatment. We understand the importance of using the latest technology and our nephrology department is thus fitted with world class facilities, including –
- We have state of art volumetric controlled haemodialysis machines
- The dialysis unit is fitted with the latest reverse osmosis water plant
Nephrology – Treatment & services
We treat a variety of kidney problems and we have special care units for them. Our treatment and services include –
Critical Care Nephrology
We provide a comprehensive care to ICU patients. This includes care to those facing acute renal failure or troubled by volume disturbances or electrolyte ad acid base disorder.
We ensure patient safety through bicarbonate haemodialysis machines. For hepatitis B and HIV patients, we have isolated units.